With thousands of thermoplastics on the market, selecting the right material for a run of injection-molded parts can be intimidating. To help make the process more manageable, we’re teaming up with the plastics industry leader, PolyOne, to host a webinar with tips on choosing the right thermoplastic material for your application.
TITLE: Thermoplastics: How to choose the right material for your application
PRESENTER: Jeremy Bland, Technical Dev. Engineer, PolyOne
DATE: Thursday, September 22 at 1 p.m. CDT
REGISTER: Click here to sign up
The presentation will include the following:
- Factors in thermoplastic material selection
- Overview of common thermoplastics including the effects of additives
- An open Q&A session
Busy that day and can’t make it? Not a problem. You can still register and we’ll send a link to a recording that can be watched on-demand. As usual, feel free to forward to a colleague know if you think he or she will be interested in attending.
In our most recent webinar, we discussed how to optimize part design for direct metal laser sintering (DMLS). The presentation is a great introduction into metal 3D printing as we discussed common applications and many important design considerations. The webinar recording is available on-demand here.
We have more webinars in the works. On September 22, we’ll be sharing the digital stage with PolyOne as we host an in-depth discussion on selecting the right thermoplastic material for injection-molded parts. Click here to learn more and sign up.
Proto Labs’ On-Demand Webinars
Interested in learning more about rapid manufacturing? Below you’ll find a complete archive of our past webinars (click the title to view).
How Rapid Prototyping Accelerates Medical Device Development
- Strategies to accelerate medical device development cycle
- Prototyping effectively and reduce design risk with rapid manufacturing
Designing for 3D Printing: Stereolithography
- Properties of commonly used stereolithography materials
- The unique benefits of stereolithography and general design tips for overhangs, support structures, finishes, etc.
Improving Manufacturability with ProtoQuote
- How to get free design for manufacturability feedback for your part
- Improving manufacturability by adding draft, adjusting wall thickness and incorporating radii
Choosing the Right Rapid Manufacturing Method for Plastic Parts
- 3D printing, machining and molding processes and specifications
- Material selection and properties for each process