Going to IMTS? Look for Sessions on HP’s MJF, On-Demand Production, DMLS
Our partnership and work with technology innovator HP, including a recent use-case example of our deployment of HP’s Multi Jet Fusion 3D printing technology [see video], will be featured at a presentation next week at the International Manufacturing and Technology Show (IMTS), occurring Sept. 10-15 at Chicago’s McCormick Place.
The presentation, “Designing for HP’s Multi Jet Fusion: 3D Printing Production and Prototype Parts,” is set for 9:15 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 12, West Hall, Level Three, Skyline Ballroom, W375 C-D. It will focus on an example of how HP’s MJF technology consolidated 14 molded parts into one MJF part, which dramatically accelerated part development. The presentation also features advice on and recommendations for product design using HP’s MJF platform.
- David Woodlock, Market Development—3D Printing, HP
- Nils Hegland, Strategic Partnerships—Protolabs
- Joe Cretella, 3D Printing Applications Engineer—Protolabs
The presentation is a part of IMTS 2018, which is the largest manufacturing trade show in the United States. Two years ago, IMTS 2016 drew more than 115,000 attendees, and hosted over 2,400 exhibiting companies. Offered every other year in Chicago, the show attracts product designers, engineers, supply chain managers, corporate executives, entrepreneurs, inventors, students, and more from 120-plus countries.
In addition to the Protolabs/HP co-presentation, our company will have a presence throughout the show. Examples include:
- Presentation: “Adopting On-Demand Manufacturing Models to Drive Supply Chain Efficiencies, Minimize Risks, and Reduce Costs,” 10 a.m., Monday, Sept. 10, Room W192-B, with speaker Rob Bodor, General Manager of the Americas, Protolabs. This session covers how integrating on-demand manufacturing into companies’ product development cycles can lead to greater top line growth and bottom line profitability.
- Presentation: “A Deep Dive into Metal 3D Printing,” 1:40 p.m., Monday, Sept. 10, and 12:50 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 12, Smart Manufacturing Hub-North Hall, with speaker Joe Cretella, Applications Engineer, Protolabs. This session covers how to optimize design through part geometry, surface finish, secondary operations, and other considerations, and is geared to give designers and engineers a basic understanding of direct metal laser sintering (DMLS).
- Two exhibitor booths: visit our main booth throughout the week, #432327, in the Additive Manufacturing Pavilion, Level 3 in the West Building. Plus, we’ll be in booth #12 during the Additive Manufacturing Conference event in the West Building, Room W375, throughout the day on Tuesday and through noon on Wednesday.
Make sure to drop by booth #432327. We’d love to say hello.