Protolabs Q&A: CNC Optimisation
Your masterclass in product design and development
Protolabs’ Insight podcast series
Our Insight podcast series is aimed to help you design better parts for digital manufacturing.
We will regularly share with you podcasts packed with useful tips that will hopefully save you some time and money, from Q&A sessions to design tips.
In this episode we answer your questions on CNC optimisation with David Ewing, EMEA Product Manager - CNC Machining at Protolabs. See below for a list of questions answered in this session:
- What is CNC Machining and why is it important?
- What are the advantages of using this process rather than others?
- What advice would you give on hole depth and diameter?
- My current design is quite complex - what tolerances can I achieve with you?
- There's a threaded element to my part design, do you have any guidelines on maximum size I should go for?
- I've heard about 'burring' but can you explain what this is?
- What restrictions do I have with CNC machining?