Protolabs Q&A: Family Tooling
Your masterclass in product design and development
Our Insight podcast series is aimed to help you design better parts for digital manufacturing.
We will regularly share with you podcasts packed with useful tips that will hopefully save you some time and money, from Q&A sessions to design tips.
In this episode we answer your questions on Family tooling, also known as branch tooling, with Richard Anthony, a Senior Application Engineer at Protolabs. See below for a list of questions answered in this session:
- What is meant by the term 'family tooling'?
- Are there any other recognised terms used in the industry?
- Why and when should I consider family mould tools?
- Will my part design be limited?
- What is the maximum part size I can expect?
- Does my choice of material impact this?
- Will material flow be effected?
- Can I expect the same quality?