We have two injection molding service options—prototyping and on-demand manufacturing—and each offers its own benefits depending on your project needs. If part quantities are lower, an affordable entry point for tooling is important, and rapid development over a short period of time is critical, our prototyping option works great.
On-demand Manufacturing Tool for Molding
|MOLD PRICE||Higher than prototyping tool|
|PART PRICE||Lower than prototyping tool|
|MOLD CAVITIES||Single and multi-cavity|
|GUARANTEED MOLD LIFE||Unlimited|
|MOLD STORAGE||Stored for 3 years of inactivity|
|QUALITY DOCUMENTATION||Basic inspection reports included; enhanced inspection reports available upon request|
Why Use an On-demand Manufacturing Tool?
- Validate part design, assembly processes, and market demand with pilot runs prior to mass production.
- Manage inventory overhead with production of parts only when demand dictates.
- Use as the primary production method for products with annual sales volumes of a few thousand units.
- Implement cost-effective aluminum tooling before committing to a capital expense with steel tooling.
- Minimize the “cost of waiting” for a steel tool—and get to market quicker.
Optimizing Supply Chain
- Minimize down time and reduce the risk of stock-outs when large-scale production tools are being repaired.
- Mitigate the risk of domestic and global shipping delays by having a reliable, on-demand supplier of low-volume parts.
- Manage increases in demand volatility without going on back-order.
Reduce Production Costs
- Unlock new market opportunities with cost-effective production of low-volume, end-use parts
- Procure parts on demand, without any Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) requirements
- Lower inventory costs and warehousing expenses with on-demand sourcing.