A Manufacturing Grant for Campus Innovation
Are you a faculty member or college student with a game-changing idea that would benefit from digital manufacturing?
The Cool Idea Award program is here to propel your project to the finish line with a manufacturing grant that includes: Protolabs services, 1-on-1 engineer support, and promotion to the masses. We are currently seeking ideas from:
- Student groups/clubs
- Undergraduate and graduate researchers
- Faculty researchers
What does a Cool Idea Award partner receive?
- A manufacturing grant that can be used for Protolabs’ injection molding, 3D printing, CNC machining, and sheet metal fabrication services; the grant total is determined by Protolabs on a project-by-project basis
- Engineering expertise to help analyze your idea’s design for manufacturability
- Promotion on our various channels (website, social media, etc.)
How do I know if my project is a fit?
We want to partner with people at a variety of educational institutions. The key is that you’re developing innovative ideas and products to help solve problems. With that, we have a few qualifications:
- Your educational institution must be based in the United States
- Your project is associated with your university
- You have a 3D CAD file that is ready for manufacturability analysis
I think my project could be a fit! What’s next?
We would love to hear from you and learn more! Please send an email to Brent Renneke at [email protected] . Remember to include the following:
- A description of the product or idea under development and why it is a unique innovation within your field
- The problem or opportunity it addresses
- The stage your product is in (e.g., early production)
- How your product differentiates itself from competitors