Prototype Tooling for Injection Molding
Reduce mold costs and validate part designs with a low-cost prototype tool
We have two injection molding service options—prototyping and on-demand manufacturing—and each offers its own benefits depending on your project needs. If part quantities are lower, an affordable entry point for tooling is important, and rapid development over a short period of time is critical, our prototyping option works great.
Prototyping Tool for Molding
|MOLD PRICE||Lower than on-demand manufacturing tool|
|PART PRICE||Higher than on-demand manufacturing tool|
|GUARANTEED MOLD LIFE||Limited (guaranteed for at least 2,000 shots)|
|MOLD STORAGE||Stored for 18 months of inactivity|
|QUALITY DOCUMENTATION||Basic and digital inspection reports available upon request|
Why Use a Prototyping Tool?
- Receive interactive design for manufacturability feedback with every quote to make early adjustments before prototyping begins.
- Talk with applications engineers to discuss any design challenges and manufacturing questions that arise.
- Have physical prototypes in hand within days to quickly modify designs during early product development.
- Produce multiple prototypes at the same time to compare and iterate designs simultaneously.
- Reduce overall time to market with an iterative product development cycle.
- Test the form and fit of components with small quantities of molded parts.
- Perform functional test with prototypes manufactured in production-grade materials.
- Full library of online design resources including guidelines, tips, white papers, and videos.
- Produce a pilot run injection-molded parts to validate market interest before launch.
- Reduce financial risk at market launch by implementing affordable aluminum tooling before full-scale production begins.