The information and any materials available on or from this website are protected by United States and international copyright laws and are the copyrighted works of Proto Labs, Inc. Any unauthorized use, copying, redistribution, reproduction, publication or modification of that information or materials may violate federal, state, or international trademark laws, common law, patent laws, and/or United States or international copyright laws and may subject such a violator to legal action.
Proto Labs®, ProtoQuote®, Protomold®, FirstQuote®, Firstcut®, and Fineline®, are the registered trademarks of Proto Labs, Inc. All other Proto Labs brand or product names or logos on this website, including Real Parts. Really Fast™ are the trademarks or registered trademarks of Proto Labs, Inc. The absence of a brand or product name or logo from this list does not constitute a waiver of any Proto Labs trademark or other intellectual property right concerning that name or logo.
Nothing contained on the website should be construed as granting, by implication, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the website without the written permission of Proto Labs, Inc.
We welcome you to the Proto Labs websites, including protolabs.com, protomold.com, firstcut.com and the other websites that display these Terms and Conditions of Use (collectively, the “Website”). The Website is operated by Proto Labs, Inc. ("Proto Labs", "we", or "us"), located at 5540 Pioneer Creek Drive, Maple Plain, Minnesota 55359.
Through the Website, you can obtain information about our services, request a quotation through our Proto Quote® or First Quote® online quoting tools, place orders for products and receive such other services as we may offer from time to time (collectively the “Services”). Your access to and use of the Website and the Services are subject to the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") and all applicable laws.
We reserve the right to update or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time, without prior notice, by posting any such revised version of these Terms and Conditions behind the link marked "Terms and Conditions of Use" at the bottom of each page of this Website. Your continued use of the Website after we have posted the revised Terms and Conditions constitutes your agreement to be bound by the revised Terms and Conditions.
Unless otherwise indicated, the Website and Services together with their design, text, content, and other matters related to the Website and Services ("Content") are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including, but not limited to, intellectual property) laws, and all rights therein are the property of Proto Labs, or third parties who have granted us permission to use their Content. Except as otherwise provided herein, none of the Content may be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, modified, reverse engineered, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, without our express prior written permission. We grant you permission to lawfully access and use the Website to upload models, display, download, and archive and print, portions of the Website on a temporary basis for your individual use, provided you do not modify the materials and that you retain any and all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the materials.
Trademarks and Service Marks
All of Proto Labs’ logos, product names, page headers, custom graphics, button icons, trademarks, service marks and logos appearing on the Website, unless otherwise noted, are service marks, trademarks (whether registered or not) and/or trade dress of Proto Labs (the "Marks"). All other trademarks, product names, company names, logos, service marks and/or trade dress mentioned, displayed, cited or otherwise indicated on the Website are the property of their respective owners. You are not authorized to display or use the Marks in any manner without our prior written permission. The use or misuse of the Marks or other trademarks, product names, company names, logos, service marks and/or trade dress or any other materials contained herein, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited. Quotations and goods or services produced may be covered by one or more of the following US patents: 6,701,200; 6,836,699; 7,590,466; 7,496,528; 7,123,986; 7,089,082; 7,630,783; 7,299,101; 7,574,339; 7,836,573; 7,840,443; 7,957,830; 8,140,401; 8,295,971; 8,239,284; 8,745,517.
You represent and warrant that you own or have the right to submit the design, drawing, model or prototype (“Model”) to use through the Website for the purpose of obtaining Services. You hereby grant Proto Labs a non-exclusive, transferable license to copy, modify, and use each Model that you submit through the Website solely for the purpose of providing the Services you have requested.
In the event that You modify contact information related to a Model, You further agree that you: a) are authorized or have authorized a person to modify contact information; b) have accurately entered all such contact information; c) You are solely responsible for the consequences of any errors in the entry of contact information; and d) You are solely responsible for all use of this website by anyone you designate to have access to such Models, including any changes made to Models.
PAYMENT AND FEES
You agree to pay all fees and any other charges incurred by you (including any applicable taxes) for the Services you have requested through the Website in accordance with the ProtoQuote and Order Terms and Conditions of Sale (as applicable).
The Website may contain links to other websites maintained by Proto Labs or unrelated third parties. A link to a third party’s website does not mean that we approve, endorse or accept any responsibility for that website, or the use of products and services available through such website. We do not make any representations, or give any warranties, expressed, implied, or otherwise about third party websites.
WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENTS, INCLUDING ANY QUOTES PRODUCTS OR SERVICES YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS WEBSITE, WHICH ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ON AN "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE INCLUDING ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THIS WEBSITE, ITS SERVERS OR EMAIL SENT FROM US WILL BE FREE OF ANY HARMFUL COMPONENTS (INCLUDING VIRUSES). WE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AGAINST THE POSSIBILITY OF DELETION, MISDELIVERY OR FAILURE TO STORE COMMUNICATIONS, PERSONALIZED SETTINGS, OR OTHER DATA, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY MODELS SUBMITTED BY YOU WHEN YOU REQUEST A QUOTE.
The information and all other materials on this Website are provided for general information purposes only and do not constitute professional advice. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy and completeness of all information available on the Website or any website with which they are linked.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, Proto Labs AND ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, CONTRACTORS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, HEREBY EXCLUDES AND DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSSES AND EXPENSES OF WHATEVER NATURE AND HOWSOEVER ARISING INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS CAUSED BY A VIRUS, LOSS OF INCOME OR PROFIT, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, OR OTHER LOSSES OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER, EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ESTABLISHING SUCH PROCEDURES FOR DATA BACK UP AND VIRUS CHECKING AS YOU CONSIDER NECESSARY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS. IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY (AND ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY WHOSE LIABILITY WOULD OTHERWISE HAVE BEEN LIMITED) FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED WILL NOT EXCEED FIVE DOLLARS ($5.00).
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, or certain kinds of limitations or exclusions of liability, so the limitations and exclusions set out in these Terms and Conditions may not apply to you.
You represent that you are at least 18 years old. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself.
You agree to use the Website in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and these Terms and Conditions. You agree not to upload or transmit through the Website any computer viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer.
Your account, including your user name and password, are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your user name or password by you or by anyone else using your user name and password, whether or not authorized by you. You will immediately inform us of any apparent breaches of security such as loss, theft or unauthorized disclosure or use of your username or password (contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org) and until we are so notified you will remain liable for any unauthorized use of your account.
Any unauthorized modification, tampering or change of any information, or any interference with the availability of or access to this Website is strictly prohibited. Proto Labs reserves all rights and remedies available to it. You agree to indemnify, release and hold us harmless as well as our officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees from any claim, liability, loss, expense or demand, including legal fees, related to your violation of these Terms and Conditions and your access to and use of the Website.
MODIFICATION AND DISCONTINUATION
We reserve the right at any time to modify, edit, delete, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently this Website (or any portion thereof) with or without notice. We will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, editing, deletion, suspension or discontinuance of this Website.
Updated: June 1, 2016
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION DOES Proto Labs COLLECT?
Information we collect directly from you: We may collect personal information from you or about you when you:
• Obtain a quote for our services,
• Register to receive a product or service on our Websites,
• Request information,
• Subscribe to marketing or promotional materials,
• Respond to promotional campaigns,
• Enter a contest,
• Respond to a survey,
• Explore employment opportunities,
• Visit us at a tradeshow, or
• Request us to act on your instructions
Information we collect when you use our Website or services: Proto Labs Websites, email messages and advertising use “cookies” and other technologies such as web beacons to collect information about you, such as the URL of the website you visited prior to accessing the Websites, what browser you are using, your IP address, or the email you open and/or share. Please refer to our Cookies Policy for further information.
OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
When you provide us with your personal information, we will use it for the purposes for which it was provided. For example, we will use your personal information to fulfill orders that you place through the Websites, to respond to your request for information or assistance, or to provide you with a subscription service. We may use your personal information collected to contact you regarding a quote you have requested, an order that you placed, or services you received. If you provide us with your email address as part of a transaction or promotion through our Websites, or if you opt-in to receive communications from Proto Labs, we may periodically send you information about products and promotions and invite you to participate in surveys or to provide feedback. From time to time, we may also send you information on products or services of third parties we believe would be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe, opt out or choose not to receive promotional materials from us by following the instructions in the e-mail you receive or by notifying us as set out in the instructions below.
We may use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve the performance of the Websites and provide you a more personalized experience.
We may also use the information we collect from or about you to create and manage your online account, to carry out our obligations or enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, to investigate any fraud or other criminal activity, and/or for any other purpose with your consent.
Blogs/Online Posts. Our Websites may provide blogs and access to online forums for our users to provide online comments and other posts. Any information that you disclose in these forums becomes public information and could be used to send you unsolicited messages or for other purposes. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these forums.
Testimonials. We provide a choice as to whether a user posts his or her personal information along with testimonial. If you wish to make the request that your testimonial be removed you may contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your testimonial in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Cool Idea Award Submission. If you choose to submit an application for a Cool Idea Award, your submission is subject to the rules posted. We also require you to enter your personal information on the applicable Websites. We use a third party provider to host your submission, including your personal information. Your submission will then be accessed by our Cool Idea judges and Proto Labs authorized personnel. The third party service providers may access your information only for the purpose of providing support for the hosted site. All parties who have access to your submission will be required to maintain your information in confidence and only use the information for the purposes for which it is disclosed.
Social Media and Refer a Friend. Our Websites may include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button, or other functionality, such as the “share this” button. These features may collect your IP address or the page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing them.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our products, services or promotions, we will ask you for your friend's personal information. You should always obtain the consent of your friend before you pass us their personal information. We will send your friend a one-time communication inviting him or her to visit the Websites. Proto Labs does not store this information, except to the extent permitted by law.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Proto Labs may share your personal information with its affiliates, subsidiaries or sales offices worldwide, including in the EU, USA, Japan and elsewhere. Any transfer of your personal information to our affiliates, subsidiaries or sales offices is done in order to meet legal or regulatory obligations or other lawful business purposes.
In order to provide you with the information about our products and services, personal information may occasionally be transferred or shared with third parties who act for or with us, for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your personal data in order to support our customer relationship management or to handle online job applications, promotional e-mails, or credit card payments on our behalf. In addition, where local law allows, we may share your email address with trusted third parties for sharing information with you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you.
We may also disclose your personal information (i) if Proto Labs is required by law to do so, such as in connection with inquiries or investigations into potentially illegal activities, (ii) in the event of a transfer of ownership of Proto Labs, merger or other similar transaction, (iii) as is necessary for purposes of protecting our operations or users, or (iv) to enforce the terms of any agreement with Proto Labs.
LINKS TO INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Our Websites may contain links to third-party websites, such as YouTube or Facebook. These third-party websites may collect and transmit information about you and your use of their services, including information that can be used to identify you personally. Proto Labs does not control and is not responsible for the collection practices of these third-party websites. Your decision to use their services is entirely voluntary. You should ensure that you are comfortable with how these third-party websites use and share your information by reviewing their privacy policies and/or modifying your privacy settings directly on those third-party websites before electing to use their services.
INFORMATION SECURITY AND RETENTION
While we endeavor to maintain appropriate measures to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of your personal information, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of personal information and urge users to take every precaution to protect personal information while using the Internet or transmitting information electronically. We have implemented appropriate security measures designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or use. Some of these measures include encryption software, firewalls, and use of Secure Socket Layers (SSL) protocols. We offer a two-step verification process when you access your online account. If a password is used to establish and protect your account(s), it is important for you to protect it against unauthorized access. If your password is compromised, notify our Customer Service department as soon as you become aware of any such event. Please refer to our Contact page for the Customer Service department contact information and hours of operation in each of our local offices. Proto Labs retains your personal information for as long as needed to provide you services. In the event you wish to delete your personal information, please contact us as set forth below. Even after we discontinue using your personal information to provide you services, we still may retain, use and disclose your information as necessary for our internal business purposes or in order to comply with our legal, compliance or other regulatory obligations.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
In the event you wish to access your personal information to update or correct this information, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and Proto Labs will make a good faith effort to promptly process your request.
You can unsubscribe or choose not to receive promotional materials from Proto Labs by following the instructions in the e-mail or other communication you receive from us or by notifying us by e-mail at email@example.com.
This Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. Proto Labs does not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from or about visitors under 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain the consent of your parent or guardian to use this Website and to provide us with your personal information.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are files containing a small amount of data, usually a unique string of letters and numbers. They are commonly used throughout the Internet and are placed on your computer or tablet when you visit a website (including the Proto Labs websites). This allows the website that issued the cookie to recognize your visit from those of other users of the website. You can find more information at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com.
When you enter the Proto Labs websites, we may automatically collect information, where available, about your computer, such as your IP address, operating system and browser type. You do not have to register on our websites before we can collect this type of information. Such information does not by itself identify you personally.
The information collected in cookies is used and analyzed to improve the performance of the Proto Labs websites and make it more compatible with the technology used by our visitors’ devices, to customize your experience on the Proto Labs websites, to develop other features of the Proto Labs websites and to provide access to the services you request. Information from cookies and technologies or about website usage is not combined with information about you from any other source.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
Proto Labs uses the following types of cookies on our websites:
1)Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Proto Labs websites and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the websites. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
2)Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use our Proto Labs websites, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and allow us to compile statistical reports. This is very important as it allows us to constantly review and improve our sites so that you have a better experience when using them. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
3)Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow Proto Labs websites to remember choices you make (such as your user name or language preferences) and provide enhanced or more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
We may work with third party service providers, authorized to place third party cookies on our sites with our permission to help us deliver our advertising or content, and compile anonymous metrics and analytics. We do not permit these service providers to collect any of your personal information.
To opt out of the use of advertising-related cookies, refer to www.youronlinechoices.com. Please note that opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It only means that you will no longer receive ads tailored to your preferences and interests.
MANAGING OR DELETING COOKIES
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies. You can change the privacy settings to block cookies or alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. The help function on most browsers contains instructions on how to set your browsers in order to manage cookies.
Please be aware that if you disable some of the cookies that we use, it may prevent you from using certain functions and features of our websites.
OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES USED
Web beacons are small bits of code that communicate with third parties and are embedded in web pages, our ads or in emails. We may use web beacons to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a web page, to understand usage patterns or other third party functionality. We also may include web beacons in e-mails to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
Proto Labs uses a click-through link in some of its email messages. These links are sent to forms or content on Proto Labs website(s). Proto Labs tracks click-through statistics to assist in tracking interest in different topics. If you do not want to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in Proto Labs’ emails.
If you have any questions or need further information about our cookies practices, you may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to contact our local offices, please refer to our Locations page for details.
CHANGES TO THIS COOKIES POLICY
We may update or amend our Cookies Policy, from time to time, as we deem necessary. When updates or amendments are made, we will post the revision date at the top of the document. Please consult this Cookies Policy regularly so you remain aware of how Proto Labs Sites are using cookies and other technologies.
Terms and Conditions of Sale – Proto Labs, Inc.
Seller. As used herein, “Seller” means Proto Labs, Inc., a Minnesota corporation.
Proto Labs Quotes. Proto Labs provides a Quote for the Buyer’s part(s) based on a 3D CAD model submitted by Buyer to Seller. Any change to the 3D CAD model requires an updated Quote. Quotes are valid for 30 days, after which pricing may change without notice. Seller reserves the right to correct clerical and other typographical errors in any quotation.
Offer and Contract Acceptance. These Terms and Conditions of Sale, together with a valid Quote, form a legally binding agreement (the “Agreement”) and contains the entire understanding between Buyer and Seller for the goods and services provided by Seller and supersede any and all other agreements, representations and understandings of the parties, if any, whether oral or in writing. Buyer is deemed to have accepted this Agreement when it accepts a Quote or issues a purchase order or other writing expressing the Buyer’s intent to proceed with the Agreement. This Agreement will govern any orders Seller accepts from Buyer and/or Buyer’s authorized purchasers based on the Quote provided to Buyer. The terms and conditions contained herein shall be the only terms that shall govern the purchase and sale of the goods and services between Buyer and Seller, and no other terms and conditions shall apply and are hereby expressly excluded, including, without limitation, any terms contained in a request for quotation, purchase order, website, or elsewhere. The only additional terms in a request for quotation, purchase order, website or other writing that shall apply, if accepted by Seller, shall be terms regarding the description, price, quantity, and shipping destination for goods produced, and any and all other terms and conditions shall be excluded and deemed inapplicable. After Seller accepts an order, Buyer is responsible for any delivery delays or charges, in addition to the original price, due to a Buyer requested change that is agreed to in writing by Seller.
Termination for Convenience. Buyer may terminate an order in whole or in part at any time by written notice to email@example.com, effective upon receipt by Seller. In the event of termination, Seller reserves the right to invoice Buyer for all goods produced or services performed prior to receipt of notice of termination as well as for any resin purchased to make Buyer’s parts which Seller is unable to return. This section shall not limit or affect the Buyer’s right to cancel this order for breach by Seller.
Delivery; Quantity; Title. Any stated delivery time represents Seller’s intended or typical delivery time, but actual delivery times may vary. Seller reserves the right to limit quantities at any time. Partial shipments may be delivered to Buyer. All parts are shipped FCA (Incoterms 2010) at Seller’s facilities. Title passes to the Buyer at the time and place of delivery to the carrier.
Price and Terms of Payment. All prices are quoted and payments shall be made in U.S. Dollars and are exclusive of freight, shipping, special packaging or handling, duties, and unless specifically stated, sales, excise, use or other taxes arising in connection with this transaction (other than taxes based solely on Seller’s taxable income). No discounts are authorized. Payment may be made by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or a form of prepayment acceptable to Seller. Upon credit approval, goods or services may be invoiced and all sums are due and payable according to the terms of the invoice. To the extent Buyer desires Seller to present invoices or other information electronically via Buyer’s or a third party’s electronic payment website, any costs associated with such access will be borne by Buyer.
Nonconforming Goods. Buyer shall inspect all goods upon delivery by Seller, and should any of the goods be nonconforming goods, Buyer must notify Seller, in writing, within ninety (90) days of delivery of the goods describing the nature of any nonconformity. Seller shall have the right and option to repair or replace any goods agreed between the parties to be nonconforming. Seller shall not have any obligation to repair, replace or otherwise compensate Buyer for nonconforming goods if Buyer fails to notify Seller in writing that goods are nonconforming within ninety (90) days of Seller’s delivery of the goods.
Warranties. Seller assumes no responsibility for the design of the goods that are the subject of this transaction. To the extent Seller’s personnel recommend design modifications or provide design analysis, simulation or advice, they do so only to help meet the requirements of Seller’s own manufacturing process. The Buyer retains sole legal responsibility for the design specifications and performance of the goods that are the subject of this transaction. Buyer is solely responsible for ensuring the goods and services purchased from Seller meet applicable regulatory requirements. The Buyer represents and warrants to Seller that no information furnished or to be furnished by the Buyer to Seller constitutes information classified by the U.S. federal government as confidential, secret or top secret or similar designation by any international government.
SELLER MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO ANY GOODS OR SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Seller assumes no responsibility or liability for the selection of any materials for the goods that are the subject of this transaction. The Buyer is solely responsible for ensuring that materials selected for goods to be manufactured by Seller meet any applicable regulatory requirements or specifications including but not limited to Directive -2011/65/EU on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS Directive) together with any national legislation implementing such Directive, ISO, FDA, UL, CSA, CE, TUV, FCC, NSF, and USP. Any statements made by Seller personnel or specifications provided by Seller regarding materials should be verified by the Buyer with the manufacturer of that material.
Indemnification. Buyer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Seller (and its employees, representatives and agents) from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, penalties, fines and sanctions of any kind (including, without limitation, interest, attorneys’ fees and expenses, customs duties, fines, taxes, penalties or any other governmental sanctions of any kind) resulting from or arising out of Buyer’s use of Seller’s goods or services, a breach of any provision of this Agreement or any third party claim for infringement of patent rights, trademark, copyrights or misuse of trade secret information.
Force Majeure. Seller shall not be liable for any failure to perform under this Agreement if such failure or delay is caused by acts of God, fire, storm, strikes, blackouts, labor difficulties, riots, inability to obtain materials, equipment, labor or transportation, governmental restrictions, or any other event beyond Seller’s reasonable control. In the event of any shortage of raw materials or other supplies, Seller may allocate materials and supplies among its buyers in such manner as Seller may determine in its sole discretion, and shall have no liability to the Buyer on account of any delay or cancellation on account thereof.
Buyer-Supplied Materials – Injection Molding. If Seller agrees to use resin supplied by the Buyer for injection molding, the Buyer shall be solely responsible for supplying and delivering such materials in a timely manner at no cost or expense to Seller, of sufficient quality and in sufficient quantity (including allowances for loss, waste, or scrap that may occur for any reason) as Seller deems necessary to complete its obligations. Seller will not return waste, scrap (including sprues and runners) or de minimis amounts of material. Seller shall not be liable for, and the Buyer shall be obligated to pay any previously negotiated delivery premiums notwithstanding, any failure or delay in delivering any goods to be provided hereunder if such failure or delay is caused by the Buyer’s failure to supply and deliver such materials in a timely manner or of such quality or in such quantity as Seller deems necessary. Seller’s Buyer-supplied material storage policy is such that after one year of inactivity, Seller may destroy the Buyer-supplied material, in its discretion.
Service Levels – Injection Molding. Each Quote for injection molding services indicates a Service Level that applies to that Quote. If the Quote indicates a “Prototyping” Service Level, all Custom Tooling and Proprietary Components shall be and remain the property of the Seller. However, Seller shall not use Custom Tooling in the production of goods for any other buyer of Seller without the Buyer’s express permission. As long as Seller is making parts for Buyer in Seller’s facility, Seller will maintain Buyer’s Prototyping Tooling to guarantee production of at least two thousand parts (“shots”) produced. Subject to the Prototyping Tooling storage policy below, Seller will, in its discretion, repair or replace worn or damaged Tooling at Seller’s expense until at least two thousand parts have been produced. Seller’s Prototyping Tooling storage policy is such that after an eighteen (18) month period of inactivity on the Prototyping Tooling, Seller may destroy the Prototyping Tooling, in its discretion. The Prototyping Tooling guarantee does not apply to projects accepted on a “best effort” basis as agreed between the parties.
If the Quote indicates an “On-Demand Manufacturing” Service Level, all Custom Tooling shall be the property of the Buyer, however reusable Proprietary Components will remain the property of the Seller and all Custom Tooling will remain at Seller’s production facility. As long as Seller is making parts for Buyer in Seller’s facility, Seller will guarantee Buyer’s On-Demand Manufacturing Tooling for the life of the project with no limitation on the number of parts produced. Subject to the On-Demand Manufacturing Tooling storage policy below, Seller will, in its discretion, repair or replace worn or damaged Tooling at Seller’s expense with no limitation on the number of parts produced. Seller’s On-Demand Manufacturing Tooling storage policy is such that after a three-year period of inactivity on the On-Demand Manufacturing Tooling, Seller may destroy the On-Demand Manufacturing Tooling, in its discretion. The On-Demand Manufacturing Tooling guarantee does not apply to projects accepted on a “best effort” basis as agreed between the parties.
As used in this Agreement, “Custom Tooling” means tooling and molds developed specifically for the Buyer such as an A-side (cavity) block or insert, a B-side (core) block or insert, cam faces if the Tooling requires side actions, and inserts if the Tooling requires inserts. “Proprietary Components” means all proprietary or reusable components developed by Seller including fixturing, B-Side rails, pillars, insert carrier frames, cam sliders and angle pins, cooling jackets, heating jackets, alignment gimbals, cross-slides and vernier adjusters, setup jigs, sprue bushings, mold locks, reconfigurable ejectors, ejector pin plates and custom cut ejector pins, ejector clamps, shims, wedges, screws and springs or other reusable parts needed to make the Tooling ready for production. Due to the proprietary nature of Seller’s process, Tooling is generally not compatible with or transferable to other equipment.
On-Time Expedited Delivery Guarantee. If Buyer selects an expedited quick-turn option, Seller guarantees the on-time delivery for the date selected. If Seller is unable to meet the selected date, Seller will refund a prorated portion of the expedite fee to reflect the delivery date actually achieved. For instance, for an injection molding order, if Buyer selects a quick-turn expedite of five business days, but the order actually ships in seven business days, Seller will refund the difference between the 5-day expedite fee and the achieved 7-day expedite fee. The On-Time Expedited Delivery Guarantee does not apply to standard lead times, projects accepted on a “best effort” basis, or limited availability services.
Buyer Intellectual Property. Buyer shall retain sole ownership of the copyright in files, all text, illustrations, software files and other materials provided by Buyer to Seller as well as of any deliverables, designs, including modifications or derivative works thereof, that may be produced for Buyer during the course of Seller’s performance of services.
Seller Intellectual Property. Seller retains sole ownership in all proprietary software, processes, and procedures developed by Seller for the quoting, analysis, design, automation, and manufacturing of machined parts, injection molds, injection molded parts, and 3D printed parts. Seller retains ownership of the copyright in all text, illustrations or other materials provided by Seller to Buyer in a Quote. Buyer will not, without prior written approval of Seller (which may be withheld for any reason), remove any of Seller’s markings or change Seller’s Intellectual Property in any way.
Federal Government Contracts. Seller is a Large Business, registered in the System for Award Management (SAM). If this transaction is a subcontract under a federal government contract or subcontract, the Buyer and Seller agree that the goods and services provided by Seller to the Buyer under this agreement constitute “commercial items” as defined in FAR 2.101 (48 CFR § 2.101). In this regard Seller warrants that the goods and services provided under this agreement are priced at the same rate and in the same manner as Seller’s comparable commercial agreements for similar goods and services and that such goods and services are sold in the commercial marketplace, subject to modifications of a type customarily available in the commercial marketplace.
Country of Origin. Seller makes no country of origin certification under this Agreement unless specifically agreed to in writing. Seller specifically disclaims any “passive” certifications included in any of Buyer’s documents or communications related to this Agreement.
Confidentiality. “Confidential Information” means any information that Buyer discloses to the Seller that is proprietary to the Buyer and not generally known to the public. The Seller will not use any Confidential Information for any purpose except for the purposes of carrying out its obligations pursuant to this Agreement. The Seller will use the same degree of care (but no less than a reasonable degree of care) to protect the secrecy of and avoid disclosure and unauthorized use of the Confidential Information as the Seller employs with respect to its own confidential and proprietary information. Upon Buyer’s written request, the Seller will destroy all documents containing or representing Confidential Information and all copies thereof, and erase any such Confidential Information from the Seller’s computer systems except electronic copies that are electronically archived and not readily accessible. If requested by Buyer, Seller will provide written confirmation of such return or destruction and erasure to Buyer.
Export Compliance. Buyer and Seller will comply with all applicable export, restrictions and regulations of any U.S. agency or authority including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) administered by the U.S. Department of Commerce, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) under the U.S. Department of State, and embargo controls administered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Asset Controls (“OFAC”) with respect to the goods or services that are subject to this Agreement. In order for Seller to conduct appropriate export control checks, the Buyer agrees to identify any export controlled (e.g., ITAR) goods in writing to Seller by the time Buyer accepts a quotation and to provide all pertinent information pertaining to the particular end Buyer, destination and intended use of goods. Seller reserves the right to stop shipping or providing goods if Seller has reason to believe that any shipment or sale of goods may violate any export control law.
Prohibited Purposes. Buyer warrants that the goods that are the subject of this transaction will not be implanted in a human body and are not subject to FAA inspection. Buyer certifies that its designs (e.g., 3D CAD models) submitted to Seller and the manufacture and delivery of goods according to the Buyer’s design will not yield goods that are in violation of any federal firearms laws.
LIMITATION OF DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY, FOR BREACH OF ANY OTHER TERM OR CONDITION, FOR NEGLIGENCE, ON THE BASIS OF STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. BUYER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE ESTIMATED AND ACTUAL FEES AND CHARGES PAID FOR THE SERVICES REFLECT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND ALLOCATION OF RISK. THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF SELLER OR ITS SUPPLIERS TO BUYER UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE TOTAL SUMS PAID BY BUYER TO SELLER FOR THE ORDER GIVING RISE THE LIABILITY.
Patents. The goods and/or services that are the subject of this quote/order may be quoted and/or produced under one or more of the following US Patents: 6,701,200; 6,836,699; 7,590,466; 7,496,528; 7,123,986; 7,089,082; 7,630,783; 7,299,101; 7,574,339; 7,836,573;
7,840,443; 7,957,830; 8,140,401; 8,295,971; 8,239,284; 8,745,517.
Miscellaneous. The Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota without regard to principles of conflict of law. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to this transaction. Any suit, action or other legal proceeding arising out of or relating to this transaction shall be brought in a court of record in Hennepin County, Minnesota or in the courts of the United States located in such county. Seller and the Buyer each consent to the jurisdiction of each such court in any suit, action or proceeding, and waive any objection which it may have to the laying of venue of any such suit, action or proceeding in any such courts and any claim that any such suit, action or proceeding has been brought in an inconvenient forum.
English Language. All documents, notices and legal proceedings executed, given or instituted pursuant to or relating directly hereto shall be in the English language, and the meaning of all words and phrases of this offer shall be defined, construed and interpreted in the English language.
Proto Labs Rev 06-2017
1. Offer and Acceptance. Our purchase order constitutes our offer to purchase the goods or services described therein at the price indicated, subject to the terms and conditions set forth below. Your acknowledgement of our purchase order, or your performance in response thereto, shall constitute your acceptance of our offer, and shall create a binding contract subject to these Terms and Conditions. Your acceptance of our offer to purchase is limited to the terms of our purchase order, including these Terms and Conditions. We object to the inclusion of any terms or conditions proposed by you that are different from or additional to the terms and conditions of our purchase order, which includes these Terms and Conditions. Our acceptance of goods or services shall not constitute an assent to any such terms and conditions that you propose.
2. Invoice and Payment. Your invoice shall indicate the purchase order number shown on our purchase order, shall match the amount and description shown on our purchase order, shall be mailed to us to the attention of Accounts Payable immediately after shipment, and shall not be dated earlier than the shipping date shown on our purchase order unless so stated.
3. Delivery. Delivery of any goods shipped from within the US shall be made F.O.B. at the point and on the date specified on our purchase order, or on such other date as we may hereafter specify in writing. If goods are to be shipped from outside the United States and the applicable purchase order specifies a delivery term, such term shall be construed in accordance with Incoterms. Unless otherwise specified, all goods shall be physically delivered to our plant in accordance with our instructions. Notwithstanding any agreement to pay freight, express or other transportation charges, the risk of loss or damage in transit shall be yours. Time is of the essence for our purchase order. You will give us prompt notice of any pending strike or other circumstance reasonably likely to delay shipment of the goods.
4. Packing and Shipping. All goods are to be suitably packed or otherwise prepared for shipment so as to guaranty safe arrival. No charges will be allowed for packing, crating, cartage or delivery unless otherwise stated on our purchase order. Each container must be marked to show order number and delivery address, and itemized packing sheets must accompany each shipment or delivery. Over shipments and early shipments may, at our option, be returned to you at your risk and expense, or may be retained by us.
5. Inspection. All shipments will be subject to counting, inspection and testing by us, both at your plant and at our plant. Payment will be subject to final inspection at our plant. You will bear all transportation charges, other costs and risk of loss in returning any rejected or otherwise nonconforming goods. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may elect to retain all or some nonconforming goods and to deduct the cost of remedying such defects from the purchase price. In no event will our payment of all or any part of the purchase price constitute acceptance of, or a waiver of our right to reject, nonconforming goods.
6. Our Materials. Unless otherwise expressly stated on our purchase order, title to all models, molds, dies, tooling, jigs, and special fixtures provided by or paid for by us are our property, and you shall deliver all such materials to us on demand. All such materials must be maintained in good condition, adequately insured for our protection, and used only for work ordered or authorized by us in writing.
7. Ownership of Work Product. The items or services on our purchase order may require design work, product development, specification development or other work product. Unless expressly stated to the contrary on our purchase order, all such work product and all know-how relating to such work product are our exclusive property and shall be delivered to us on demand. In no event shall any such work product or any portion thereof be deemed your property, nor shall you exert or attempt to exert any ownership or proprietary interest therein. You shall execute such further assignments and other documents (including but not limited to assignments of copyrights and patents) as we may reasonably request to evidence or perfect our ownership of such work product.
8. Confidential Information. As used herein, “Confidential Information” means any information that you acquire from us regarding our present or future products, processes, business practices, customers, assets or other matters, whether or not such information is designated or marked as confidential, excluding any information that is publicly available when provided or thereafter becomes publicly available other than by reason of your breach of this paragraph. You will (i) hold all Confidential Information in the strictest confidence, (ii) not use any Confidential Information other than for the performance of our purchase order, (iii) not release or disclose Confidential Information to any other party at any time, except your employees and contractors requiring such material or information for the performance of our purchase order, (iv) use your best efforts to prevent your employees, your contractors, and your contractors’ employees from using or disclosing Confidential Information to any party except as permitted by this paragraph, and (v) return all Confidential Information to us upon our request following completion or termination of our purchase order. The provisions of this paragraph shall survive performance or termination of our purchase order.
9. Certificates of Origin. Providing a certificate of origin for all goods is a material part of your obligations. We may withhold payment or terminate our purchase order if you fail to provide a certificate of origin at least annually and coincident with any change of the point of origin of any goods.
10. Warranty. All specifications, drawings, and data submitted to you with our purchase order are incorporated therein. You expressly warrant that all goods will (i) be free from defects in material and workmanship, (ii) conform to applicable specifications, drawings, samples, descriptions or other instructions that we have given to you, and (iii) if we have not provided design specifications with respect thereto, be free from defects in design. This warranty shall be in addition to any other warranties that you give us.
11. Non-Infringement. You warrant that the goods that you furnish to us do not and will not infringe any valid United States or foreign patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary right, except to the extent that such infringement necessarily arises from specifications that we provide to you.
12. Compliance with Law. You represent and warrant that all goods comply with all applicable laws, statutes, rules, regulations, or orders of the United States government or any state or political subdivision thereof. Without limiting the generality for the foregoing, you represent and warrant that no goods that fall within the scope of Section 303(c) of the Federal Food Drug and Cosmetic Act will be adulterated or misbranded within the meaning thereof or will be an article or commodity which may not, under the provisions of Section 404 or 505 of said Act, be introduced into interstate commerce. You further represent and warrant that all goods that fall within the scope of the U.S. Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations, USP Class VI standards , or ISO 10993 standards, have been manufactured in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices, and comply with current revisions of all such laws, regulations and standards. You will cooperate with any inspection by the FDA or other regulatory agency and will notify us within 24 hours of being notified of any inspection or inquiry from the FDA or other regulatory agency relating to goods that we purchase from you.
Proto Labs is an equal opportunity employer, you shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
13. Recalls. You will notify us immediately upon discovery that any goods are the subject of a recall, market withdrawal, or correction. The decision whether to recall or take other corrective action with respect to our products or services shall be ours alone. To the extent that any goods that you provide are recalled or withdrawn or contain material that is recalled or withdrawn, whether voluntarily or as required by law, you shall bear all costs and expenses of such recall, market withdrawal or correction, including but not limited to the costs associated with notifying customers, replacing and shipping such goods, and fulfilling obligations to third parties arising from such recall, withdrawal or correction. You will cooperate fully with us in effecting any recall, market withdrawal, or correction, and communicating with regulatory authorities, customers, users, and the media.
14. Hazardous Materials. If any goods constitute or include any material that is hazardous to human health or safety, you shall identify such hazards to us in writing in advance of the delivery of such goods.
15. Conflict Minerals. Supplier acknowledges there is a regulatory focus on use of minerals sourced from areas identified as conflict regions, including the Democratic Republic of the Congo (“DRC”) and Central Africa. Metals that have been identified of interest from these regions include gold (Au), tantalum (Ta), tungsten (W) and tin (Sn), and are termed (“Conflict Minerals”). These are stated in Section 1502 of the United States, Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Customer Protection Act and Securities Exchange Commission’s regulations implementing the Act (codified at 17 C.F.R. Parts 240 and 249b) (the “Rule”). Supplier agrees to assist Proto Labs with any requests for information, certifications, or other such similar documents as Proto Labs may reasonably request to ensure materials purchased from Supplier complies with this section. Supplier agrees to notify Proto Labs promptly upon discovering or having reason to believe that any materials fail to comply with the representation and warranty stated below in this Section. Supplier represents and warrants that no Conflict Minerals that originated in the DRC or an adjoining country are present in any material sold to Proto Labs. For purposes of making such representation and warranty, Supplier will use procedures that meet the reasonable country of origin inquiry described in the Rule and the relevant best practices developed by industry. Supplier will indemnify, defend, and hold Proto Labs, its subsidiaries and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, and liability costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) which arise out of any materials actual or alleged Conflict Minerals content or Supplier’s noncompliance with this section.
16. 3D Printing Metal Material Supplier Terms. You must contact us in the event of nonconforming product/material. Arrangement for the approval of nonconforming product/material must be as directed by our Supply Chain Representative. You must notify us of any changes to a product and/or process and to obtain approval from our authorized Supply Chain Representative. Proto Labs, its customers and regulatory authorities retain the right of access to all your facilities involved in this order and to all applicable records. The AS9100 standard requires that you flow-down all applicable customer/regulatory/AS9100 requirements to sub-tier suppliers (including requirements in the purchasing documents and key characteristics where required). However we do not allow 3D printing metal material suppliers to subcontract any product or process to a sub-tier supplier without our express written consent. Records related to this transaction will be made available to our customers and regulatory authorities in accordance with contractual or regulatory requirements. Any records associated with a Purchase Order must be retained for a period of no less than one (1) year from the date of completion, unless we specify otherwise. We expect 100% on time delivery. If the agreed upon delivery time cannot be met, the appropriate Proto Labs Supply Chain Representative must be notified in advance. We require that products provided by you be correct and free of defect per the supplied Purchase Order. We may also require specific actions where timely and/or effective corrective actions to an issue are not achieved. These actions may include but are not limited to any or all of the following: withholding payment until the issue is resolved, discontinuation of business with you and/or legal action.
17. Cancellation. We may cancel our purchase order by notice to you if you breach any obligation thereunder. In addition, we may cancel our purchase order by notice to you without cause at any time prior to delivery of the goods or completion of the services. If we cancel our purchase order without cause, and if the purchase order covers goods that are specially manufactured for us or covers services, we will pay your uncompensated actual costs incurred prior to receipt of our cancellation notice and any costs directly arising from such cancellation. We will make such payment only after you have supplied us with such verification of those costs as we may reasonably request. In no event shall such payment exceed the price specified in our purchase order. Upon receipt of any cancellation notice, you shall take such steps as may be necessary to minimize the costs of cancellation, including but not limited to any steps that we specifically request. Except as set forth in this paragraph, we will have no liability to you on account of any cancellation of our purchase order, whether with or without cause.
18. Indemnity. You will indemnify us and hold us harmless from any loss, cost, damage or expense, including attorneys’ fees, arising from any breach of the representations and warranties set forth in paragraphs 11 and 12, any recall, market withdrawal, or correction described in paragraph 13, and any claim of death or injury to persons or damage to property arising out of, or attributable to, the goods or services, including without limitation, defects in design, materials or manufacture, except to the extent that such loss, cost, damage or expense results solely from our negligence.
19. Subcontracting. You will not delegate or subcontract any of your obligations under our purchase order without our prior written consent.
20. Insurance. You will maintain such insurance as we reasonably request. Whether or not we request any particular insurance coverage, you will maintain insurance with insurers that you believe to be responsible and reputable in such amounts and against such risks as is usually carried by companies engaged in similar business and owning similar properties in the same general areas in which you operate. You will provide us with such certificates and other evidence of such insurance as we may reasonably request.
21. Taxes. Unless otherwise stated on our purchase order, you will pay all excise, occupational, sales, use, and other taxes applicable to the sale or purchase of the goods and services, and you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all liability for such taxes.
22. Government Contracts. If our purchase order relates to a federal government contract the parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7) and 60-250.5(a) and 60-741.5(d), if applicable.
23. Independent Contractor. Your relationship with us is solely that of an independent contractor. The individuals that you assign or engage to provide the goods and services will be your employees. You will be solely responsible for the payment of any compensation and expenses owed to those employees, as well as the payment of employment-related taxes and workers’ compensation insurance. In no event shall our purchase order or these Terms and Conditions be construed as creating a partnership, joint venture, agency, or fiduciary relationship.
24. Definitions. As used in these Terms and Conditions, “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to Proto Labs, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors and employees; “you” and “your” refer to the vendor named on our purchase order; “our purchase order” refers to the purchase order to which these Terms and Conditions are attached or, if not attached, to the purchase order making reference hereto; and “goods” and “services” refer to the goods and services, respectively, to be provided under our purchase order. Section captions in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
25. English Language. All documents, notices and legal proceedings executed, given or instituted pursuant to or relating directly hereto shall be in the English language, and the meaning of all words and phrases in our purchase order and these Terms and Conditions shall be defined, construed and interpreted in the English language.
26. Miscellaneous. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the substantive law of the State of Minnesota, without regard to principles of conflict of law. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to our purchase order. These Terms and Conditions and our purchase order constitute the parties’ entire understanding with respect to the subject matter hereof. No modification or waiver of any term of this contract shall be binding upon us unless in writing and signed by us. In no event shall our failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions or our purchase order be construed as a waiver. The remedies herein reserved shall be cumulative, and additional to any other or further remedies provided in law or equity. No waiver of a breach of any provision of this contract shall constitute a waiver of any other breach, or of such provisions.
These Terms and Conditions of Purchase were last revised on 08/2016.
Proto Labs® Cool Idea! Terms and Conditions The Proto Labs, Inc. (“Proto Labs”) “Cool Idea! Award Program” (“Program”) and participation therein is governed in all respects by these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”). By participating in the Program, each applicant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Terms and the decisions of Proto Labs and its Program personnel (including, without limitation, decisions regarding the eligibility of applicants, applications and submissions, the selection of Program award and other incentives recipients and honorable mention applicants, and the awarding of Program awards) which are final and binding in all respects.
The purpose of the Program is to provide start-up support to product designers with cool ideas. During the Program, Proto Labs will evaluate applicants and their submitted parts design ideas and make Program awards to applicants who have a cool parts design idea. A Program award will be a dollar amount, as specified by Proto Labs, that may be used towards Proto Labs’ services in manufacturing prototypes and/or parts for the applicant’s idea. Additionally, from time to time during the Program, Proto Labs may also recognize certain applicants who do not receive a Program Award for an Honorable Mention in the Program. As part of an Honorable Mention, an applicant will be eligible to receive a discount, as specified below, from Proto Labs that may be used towards Proto Labs’ services in manufacturing prototypes and/or parts for the applicant. The 2017 installment of the Program has concluded and the 2018 installment of the Program will commence January 1, 2018. The foregoing is only a general description of the Program, and the Program is subject to the full Terms set forth below.
If an applicant is an individual, the applicant must be a permanent legal resident of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence and at least eighteen (18) years old. If an applicant is other than an individual, it must be a legal entity (for example, a limited liability company, a corporation, etc.) that is organized under the laws of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, and the individual registering the entity as an applicant must be a permanent legal resident of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, and at least eighteen (18) years old, and authorized to register the entity in the Program. This Program is void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Proto Labs and its parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, advertising, public relations agencies, promotion agencies, and outside judges, and the immediate families (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such employee, officer, director and outside judge are not eligible to apply or participate. An outside judge will not evaluate an entry submitted by an individual employed by the same organization that employs the judge. If a Program award cannot be awarded by Proto Labs to an individual applicant for any reason (including, without limitation, if corporate or other policies of the applicant’s employer preclude him/her from receiving an award), Proto Labs, in its sole discretion, may disqualify the applicant. The Program and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto is intended for viewing only within the United States and the District of Columbia, and applicants must be present in the United States or the District of Columbia at the time they register, apply and participate in the Program. The Program is void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, or where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. PROGRAM APPLICATION PERIOD
The Program will be conducted in four application periods throughout the calendar year. A Program application period begins every three months of a calendar year at 12:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on the first day of January, April, July and October and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on the last day of March, June, September and December (each a “Program Period”). See Program website for official start and end dates for each Program Period. Program applications submitted during a Program Period will be considered for a Program award in that Program Period only (subject to the judging period). Proto Labs has no obligation to consider a Program application submitted in one Program Period for any subsequent Program Period. Proto Labs has sole responsibility for determining if an entry has been successfully submitted during any particular Program Period.
4. HOW TO APPLY
- A “Program Design Idea” submission must meet the following requirements:
- It must be a design that can be additive manufactured, CNC machined or injection molded, that Proto Labs can manufacture;
- The design must be in the form of a 3D CAD model, and meet the upload requirements as set forth in the Program Website;
III. Any textual design specifications must be in English;
- The design must be entirely original to the applicant (an original creation is the product of one’s own mind created solely by the applicant, and is NOT a copy or imitation; modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s preexisting work does not qualify as an applicant’s original creation);
- The design must NOT infringe, misappropriate or violate any right of any third party, including, without limitation, patent, trade secret, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property or proprietary right, and must NOT incorporate or include anything that would require the consent of any third party for the use of the applicant’s Program Design Idea pursuant to the rights granted by applicant in connection with the Program (including, without limitation, as contemplated by Section 5(b) below);
- The design must not be the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim;
VII. The design must NOT have been previously published or have won any other award;
VIII. The part must NOT be subject to ITAR (International Trade in Arms Regulations) or other export restrictions or be the subject of a government contract or grant; and
- The design must NOT be lewd, offensive or inappropriate. Compliance with all requirements shall be as determined by Proto Labs in its sole discretion.
- Each applicant represents and warrants that applicant’s Program Design Idea submitted in the Program meets the submission requirements set forth in Section 4(b) above. Each applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold Proto Labs and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns of each of them, harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, judgments, losses, costs or expenses of any kind or nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising directly or indirectly from any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of applicant hereunder, or from applicant’s participation in the Program.
- Failure to submit all required information, materials, and submissions in the manner required in these Terms may result in disqualification. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Proto Labs. All applicants, registrations, Program Design Ideas and other submissions in this Program are subject to verification by Proto Labs. Each applicant agrees to cooperate with Proto Labs and its representatives in connection with any and all verification activities. Any applicant, registration, Program Design Idea or other submissions in this Program that does not comply with any aspect of these Terms, as determined by Proto Labs in its sole discretion, may be rejected by Proto Labs and the applicant disqualified.
5. SELECTION; NOTIFICATION; AWARD RECIPIENT OBLIGATIONS.
- An eligible applicant who has submitted a cool Program Design Idea, as determined by Proto Labs in its sole discretion, will be a potential Program award recipient. The criteria for selection of a Program award recipient and the selection of Program Award recipients will be as determined by Proto Labs and outside judges in their sole discretion. In making the determination as to a Program award recipient, Proto Labs and outside judges will also consider the relative effect of the Program award on an applicant’s overall project. Program award recipients will be as determined by Proto Labs and outside judges from time to time. In reviewing a Program application, Proto Labs and outside judges will also have the opportunity to ask questions of applicants. Applicants are responsible for all of their costs and expenses related to the Program, including, without limitation, designing and submitting their Program Design Idea.A potential Program award recipient must comply with all terms and conditions of these Terms, and receipt of a Program award is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
- A potential Program award recipient will be notified in person, or by phone, letter (by postal or overnight delivery) and/or e-mail. In order to claim a Program award, the potential award recipient will be required to execute and return to Proto Labs a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (an “Affidavit/Release”) in the form(s) provided by Proto Labs. For an applicant that is other than a natural person, the Affidavit/Release must be executed by an authorized representative of the applicant. THE AFFIDAVIT/RELEASE WILL CONTAIN A LICENSE BY THE APPLICANT IN FAVOR OF PROTO LABS AND ITS DESIGNEES TO UTILIZE THE APPLICANT’S PROGRAM DESIGN IDEA (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE DESIGN ITSELF AND MEMORIALIZATIONS OF PROTO LABS’ MANUFACTURING PROCESS FOR THE DESIGN) FOR PROTO LABS’ PROMOTIONAL AND/OR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES IN ANY MANNER OR MEDIA (WHETHER NOW OR HEREAFTER EXISTING), ALL WITHOUT FURTHER PAYMENT, NOTICE, CONSIDERATION, ATTRIBUTION OR CONSENT; WHICH LICENSE WILL BE SET FORTH IN FURTHER DETAIL IN THE AFFIDAVIT/RELEASE. The Affidavit/Release must be returned to Proto Labs by the date and/or time indicated within the Affidavit/Release. If the potential award recipient cannot be contacted within ten (10) days of the first attempt to contact the potential recipient, or if the potential recipient fails to return the Affidavit/Release within the specified time, or if the potential recipient or the potential recipient’s design or other submissions are found to be ineligible, or if the potential recipient does not with the Terms, then the potential recipient may be disqualified. Proto Labs is not responsible for the failure of a potential recipient to receive Proto Labs’ notification or the required documents for any reason, or for the inability of such potential recipient to return the required documents for any reason.
6. PROGRAM AWARDS
- Subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms, up to an aggregate maximum total of $250,000 USD in awards may be awarded, on a combined basis, in the 2017 installments of the Program. The number of award recipients and the amount of each award in this Program will be as determined by Proto Labs in its respective sole discretion. If there are no or a limited amount of applicants with acceptable Program Design Ideas in this Program, then Proto Labs, in its sole discretion, may determine not to make any awards in the Program or make a limited amount of awards. The decision of Proto Labs, as regards the recipient(s) of any award in this Program, will be conclusive and binding upon the applicants; it will not be open to review or challenge. Proto Labs is not required to provide any reasons to support its decision.
- A Program award consists of and is limited to a dollar amount specified by Proto Labs. A Program award may only be utilized by a recipient for Proto Labs’ 3D printing, machining services and/or injection molding services in connection with the manufacturing of prototype(s) and/or parts by Proto Labs utilizing the award recipient’s Program Design Idea (for example, use can be to make a prototype or manufacture short-run production parts), and related shipping and handling costs. The prototype(s) and/or parts manufactured by Proto Labs for a recipient utilizing the recipient’s award must be for the recipient’s own use and cannot be resold by or at the direction of the recipient. A Program award must be fully utilized by a recipient within ninety (90) days after notice of the award is given by Proto Labs to the recipient. An award will be considered “utilized” when an order is placed by the award recipient with Proto Labs using the Program Design Idea submitted in connection with the Program. Unused components of an award shall be forfeited and have no redeemable cash value. All uses of an award are subject to Proto Labs’ then current standard Terms and Conditions of Sale, which are currently located at www.protolabs.com/quote-terms-and-conditions.
- Program awards are awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by Proto Labs or for which Proto Labs shall be liable other than the standard express warranty made by Proto Labs to its customers with respect to parts manufactured by Proto Labs, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Awards are nontransferable, nonassignable, non-negotiable, and not redeemable for cash or credit. Awards must be accepted as awarded. No award substitutions, except by Proto Labs, who reserves the right (but has no obligation) to substitute an award (or a component thereof) with another award of equal or greater value if any applicable award (or a component thereof) is not available for any reason as determined by Proto Labs in its sole discretion. Each recipient is solely and fully responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes, assessments, and expenses associated with an award, and its redemption, receipt and use, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes on the award. If applicable, a Program award recipient will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the amount of the award. Award recipients waive the right to assert as a cost of receiving an award any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem the award. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing and any other condition of this Program may result in disqualification and forfeiture of the award. Upon award forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
7. PROGRAM HONORABLE MENTIONS.
- From time to time during the Program, Proto Labs may also recognize certain applicants who do not receive a Program Award for recognition as an Honorable Mention in the Program. The criteria for selection of a Program Honorable Mention, and the selection of Honorable Mention applicants will be as determined by Proto Labs in its sole discretion. An applicant selected for Honorable Mention grants Proto Labs the right to use the applicant’s name, biography, likeness, hometown and state on Proto Labs’ websites (including the Program Website) for promotional purposes, worldwide, in perpetuity, and without notice, payment, attribution, consideration or consent; provided, however Proto Labs and applicant acknowledge that the right to use or display applicant’s Program Design Idea is specifically excluded from such grant for such purposes. A potential Honorable Mention applicant will be notified in person, or by phone, letter (by postal or overnight delivery) and/or e-mail.
- An Honorable Mention applicant will be eligible to receive a one-time discount that may be used towards a single order of Proto Labs’ services in manufacturing prototypes and/or parts for the applicant for the applicant’s Program Design Idea. The discount is for twenty-five percent (25%) of an order amount not to exceed $40,000 and a discount not to exceed $10,000 (e.g., if an order is made for $45,000, the maximum discount is $10,000 (25% * 40,000). To qualify, an order must be placed within six (6) months after an applicant’s notification by Proto Labs of Honorable Mention status, and the order is subject to Proto Labs’ then current standard Terms and Conditions of Sale. The discount is subject to the applicable restrictions, limitations and conditions of a Program Award as set forth in Section 7 (including, without limitation, use only for services utilizing the applicant’s Program Design Idea; no resale of prototypes or parts; warranty limitation; the discount is nontransferable, nonassignable, non-negotiable, and not redeemable for cash or credit; discount must be accepted as awarded, etc.). The recipient is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes and assessments. Acceptance and use of discount is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Proto Labs reserves the right to require an applicant to complete, execute and deliver to Proto Labs additional documents at any time as required, in the forms provided, and within the timeframe required by Proto Labs, or the applicant may be disqualified. Proto Labs reserves the right to change or update these Terms based on its experience with the conduct of the Program and/or applicants’ response to the Program. Proto Labs also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Program if, in Proto Labs’ opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Program, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties, acts of God or failures or any other factor beyond Proto Labs’ reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Program, and in such event, Proto Labs reserves the right in its sole discretion (but does not have any obligation) to award an award or award(s) to a recipient or recipients based on the above Program award selection criteria from among eligible, non-suspect applications received up to the time of the suspected impairment. Any changes or updates in these Terms, or termination, modification or suspension of the Program will be as described on the Program Website. At the time of submission of Program materials, review the Terms as posted on the Program Website to review the then current Terms (which may include updates or changes after the initial or subsequent postings of these Terms). Proto Labs reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any applicant it finds to be tampering with the application or submission process or the operation of the Program or to be acting in violation of these Terms or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Program is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Proto Labs reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Proto Labs’ failure to enforce any term of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Terms.
By participating in the Program, each applicant forever and irrevocably RELEASES, DISCHARGES, INDEMNIFIES AND HOLDS HARMLESS, Proto Labs and its parents, subsidiaries, divisions and affiliates; any and all persons and entities responsible for offering, operating, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Program or supplying any award, and the employees, officers, directors, owners, representatives, agents, heirs, successors, assigns and insurers of each of them (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against all losses, claims, damages, liabilities, costs or expenses (collectively, “Losses”), arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the applicant’s application to and/or participation in the Program, and/or the applicant’s receipt or use of any award awarded in the Program. The foregoing release includes, without limitation, any and all LIABILITY, BODILY INJURY, DEATH, LOSS OR DAMAGE to applicant or any third party arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from any award or the use of any award, the award, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any award, and application and participation in the Program. Each applicant further COVENANTS NOT TO SUE any of the Releasees with respect to any matter addressed by the foregoing release, or encourage or assist any third party in doing so. This is a complete RELEASE and DISCHARGE of all claims and rights of each applicant against the Releasees and no action will be taken by or on behalf of an applicant with respect to any such claims and rights, it being understood that these Terms, including this Section 9, shall be binding upon each applicant, and his/her successors, assignees, subrogors, insurers, heirs, next of kin, executors, representatives, and legal and personal representatives.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Proto Labs is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of registration, application or Program information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, or misdirected applications or applications received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the application process or the Program; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Program or the processing of applications; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from applicant’s participation in the Program, including but not limited to applicant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from applicant’s participation in the Program, or from viewing, playing, uploading or downloading any material to or from Proto Labs’ website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Proto Labs or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Proto Labs’ website by a hypertext link.
Applicant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Program, or the Program awards shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in Minneapolis, Minnesota; applicant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of Minnesota for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will applicant be permitted to obtain awards for and applicant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms, or the rights and obligations of applicant or Proto Labs in connection with the Program shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of Minnesota, United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
12. PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR
The Program is offered and administrated by Proto Labs, Inc., 5540 Pioneer Creek Drive, Maple Plain, Minnesota 55359.